How to Use Snapchat: A Detailed Look Into HubSpot’s Snapchat Strategy
HubSpot has been using Snapchat in a variety of ways as part of its marketing strategy, and it’s been paying off pretty well so far. Learn how they’re using the app to promote their content, boost engagement, build relationships with influencers, and more. This could be useful for you if you’re thinking about taking your business on Snapchat too!
What Is Snapchat?
Snapchat is a photo messaging app that allows users to send images and videos that disappear after a set amount of time. The app has become increasingly popular over the past few years, especially among millennials. People are using it as an alternative to sending unsolicited or private messages.
The benefit of this is less people will have access to your photos if they aren’t friends with you on snapchat, so there are no worries about saving old snaps on a phone or computer somewhere.
What Makes It Great For Marketing?
One cool thing about Snapchat is that there are different filters available for video chatting – allowing people to have some fun while they’re on the platform. Filters can be applied during video chat by tapping on one of three icons located at the top left corner (face icon). You can also take screenshots from chats by swiping down from the top left corner and then tapping save.
Different Uses For Snapchat
Most people use Snapchat to send disappearing photos and videos to friends. But that’s not all the app can do! You can also use it to communicate with groups, follow news and stories, play games, and more. Here’s a detailed look into how HubSpot uses Snapchat to connect with its audience. The first thing we did was create our account (Snapchat) on the app store or in the Google Play Store.
Next, we added our company’s name and then uploaded a logo. After setting up our account we added coworkers by either inviting them through text message or email or by adding their usernames (which is especially helpful if they have the same username on other social media networks). We have several different departments at HubSpot so it was easy for everyone to contribute updates from their respective areas of expertise.
Now that we had an account set up, we wanted to decide what content would be most appropriate for this platform.
The Best Snapchat Tips And Tricks
- To access filters, swipe left after taking a photo or video.
- To add text, tap on the T icon in the top right corner.
- To draw on your photo or video, select the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- To save a photo or video you’ve taken, tap on the downward-facing arrow in the bottom left corner.
- To add a geofilter, swipe right after taking a photo or video and then select the location icon in the top right corner.
- To view your story, swipe right from your main screen and then select your profile picture in the top left corner.
- To access settings, swipe down from the top of your main screen and then select the gear icon in the top right corner.
- To block users, go to their profile page and scroll down until you see ‘Block’. To find out who is following you, go to your profile page and scroll all the way down until you see