When you’re first starting out, it can be difficult to get customers to notice your business at all, much less talk about it or buy from you. This can be especially true if you have an unusual product or service and/or are in an industry that isn’t mainstream. But fortunately, there are ways to make sure your business gets more exposure than the competition, even if you’re a small fish in a big pond! Check out these 8 2022 marketing strategies so you can start working on them now so they’ll be ready to go by the time 2022 rolls around!
1) Start Being a Transmedia Storyteller
In a world where attention spans are shorter than ever, it’s more important than ever to be a transmedia storyteller. What is transmedia storytelling? It’s the art of telling a story across multiple platforms. And it’s an essential skill for small businesses that want to stay ahead of the marketing curve in 2022. Here are eight ideas on how you can start being a transmedia storyteller:
- Use social media platforms to tell your brand’s story.
- Create informative blog posts that show off your expertise.
- Make use of video content to engage your audience.
- Use infographics and other visuals to break down complex concepts.
- Host webinars and podcasts that provide valuable information.
- Put together free email courses that build up your authority as an expert.
- Engage with influencers by sharing their content and commenting on their posts.
- Hold contests or giveaways to increase awareness about your business – just make sure they’re easy to enter!
2) Mobile Listening Tools
In order to stay ahead of the curve, your small business needs to be using mobile listening tools. Mobile listening tools are software that allow you to track and listen to conversations about your brand on social media platforms. This way, you can quickly respond to any negative sentiment and turn it into a positive customer experience. Additionally, mobile listening tools can help you identify new opportunities for marketing and product development.
Some of the best mobile listening tools on the market include:
- Sprout Social
- Hootsuite Insights
3) Develop AI Chatbots
In a world where consumers are used to getting what they want, when they want it, businesses need to be able to meet them where they’re at. And that’s why developing AI chatbots for your small business should be at the top of your marketing strategy list for next year. Here’s why Chatbots can make every interaction with your company personalized and convenient. Whether you’re reaching out through social media or sending an email, having a conversation with an automated bot is more engaging than going through some long form on your website, and it’s much faster!
4) Integrate Live Streams Into Daily Life
In a world that’s increasingly digitized, it’s important for businesses to find ways to stand out online. One way to do this is by integrating live streams into your marketing strategy. Live streams can help you connect with customers in a more personal way and give them a behind-the-scenes look at your business. Plus, they’re a great way to show off your company culture and build rapport with potential customers.
5) Internet of Things Will Drive Sales
By 2022, it’s estimated that 50 billion devices will be connected to the internet. That number is only going to grow as more and more businesses adopt internet-connected devices. As a small business, you need to be prepared to take advantage of this trend.
Here are a few ways you can do that.
- Invest in an internet-connected device for your business (i.e., a smart vending machine).
- Leverage online ordering to delivering products directly to customers’ homes or offices (especially if you’re a restaurant or clothing store).
- Develop interactive technology for your products so customers can customize them before purchase (i.e., designing your own watch on an app before buying it).
- Use video chats with customers so they can see what they’re buying while they shop on their mobile phones.
6) Invest in Professional Consulting Services
As a small business owner, you can’t be expected to have all the answers. That’s why it pays to invest in professional consulting services. A good consultant will help you develop a clear marketing strategy tailored to your specific business goals. They can also provide valuable insights into your target market, competitive landscape, and more. Plus, they’ll take care of much of the legwork for you so that you can focus on running your business. A consultant might charge by the hour or by project and this can vary depending on how many hours are required. Consulting fees range from $50 per hour up to $200 per hour depending on experience level, expertise, industry specialty, etc.
7) Use Asynchronous Communication Tools for Customer Support
In a world where we’re constantly bombarded with notifications, it can be tough to keep up. That’s why more and more businesses are using asynchronous communication tools for customer support, like chatbots. This way, customers can get the help they need on their own time, without feeling pressured. Plus, when you answer each question asynchronously, you have the opportunity to provide an even better customer experience. Chatbots allow customers to ask questions and receive responses at their convenience, so that no matter what time of day or night they contact your business, you’ll always be there to answer them.
8) Adapt to Challenges Posed by Cyber Security Issues
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we do business. One of the most significant changes is how we market our businesses. Traditional marketing methods are no longer as effective as they once were. As we move into 2022, small businesses will need to be more creative in their marketing efforts.
Here are eight ideas to get ahead of the curve on your 2022 small business marketing strategy.
1) Market on Social Media with Humor: If you’re going to try and reach millennials, humor is your best bet. Millennials don’t want things explained to them or their opinions validated—they just want a good laugh. Humor can also break through the social media noise and help you attract new followers that might not have seen your post otherwise.
2) Develop an App for Customers to Stay Connected with Their Favorite Products: Apps allow customers to stay connected with products they love, even when they’re not in stores and on sale. With an app, customers can view photos of new product lines, learn about sales before anyone else does, register for exclusive deals, and much more!